Welcome
Welcome to thaifarangrelationships

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

If you have trouble registering, please contact us by using the following e-mail adress:

My Thai Bride

Questions, advice and chatter relating to cultural differences in Thai / Farang relationships. Please, nothing rude or demeaning.

Re: My Thai Bride

Postby fourplay26 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:19 pm

I totally agree with you I personally hate the stigma that is attached to a foreign relationship and certain expats who live in country and complain and use the local people there is no respect or interest in the culture at all.

I have worked very hard to understand all I can about the culture and why people are who they are many documentaries and history. I also have been very fortunate to have someone who is willing to explain and help with additional information.

I would not think boring as it would show the true side of what is happening and certain that there would be many of us here who would put an hand up and say count me in.

This is a big topic and very good to hear there are others out there like me who actually show an interest
fourplay26

Postby Jeff » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:20 am

Yes Vic, maybe you guys could send Karl Pilkington to get to the bottom of things. :lol:
เจฟฟรี่
Jeff
Regular

Postby Vic » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:16 am

Jeff wrote:Yes Vic, maybe you guys could send Karl Pilkington to get to the bottom of things. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think he'd get straight to the point
Vic
Snr Member

Highscores: 12

Postby fourplay26 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:56 am

I will have to find as never heard before, but from what I have briefly read it would be worth watching. :lol:
fourplay26

Postby Garnet » Thu May 16, 2013 12:22 pm

I found another version of the documentary, folks!

I suggest tuning in quickly before it get pulled, for it was only posted on YouTube May 1st, and no doubt some copyright infraction is taking place that's going to see the video shut down -- I think it's likely been overlooked this long simply because the title is a little different: MY THAI WIFE (HOW GUYS LOSE IT ALL IN THAILAND) SCAMS.

So watch it now -- you snooze, then you'll probably lose!

Garnet

Postby fourplay26 » Thu May 16, 2013 3:11 pm

Thanks I will give it a go
fourplay26

Postby Garnet » Thu May 16, 2013 5:37 pm

I posted the video without viewing more than the first few minutes.

However, I'm now halfway through it, and although the English portion as narrated by the Farang victim is what I remember, there was not the lengthy stretches of all-Thai narration by his Thai wife.

There had either been subtitles, or else a voice-over in English -- I forget now.

So portions of this may be different. It's hard to tell without referring to the original. I certainly don't remember seeing so much of the Thai woman's daughter, especially at school.

But maybe it was there -- just not with an English translation of the Thai.
Garnet

Postby Garnet » Fri May 17, 2013 5:10 pm

After viewing the YouTube version without benefit of gaining any translation of the Thai woman's version of things -- was her name 'Tip?' -- I just want to say that even when the CBC documentary did give her side of the story, it still fell flat where my ears were concerned.

Her big hate boiled down to the fact that he only stayed around their home while all the other men in the neighbouring properties went off and worked each day. For some fantastically bizarre reason, she resented him for that.

After giving her and her daughter absolutely everything he had, virtually saving them from the poverty they were experiencing -- and staying her from ever having to work bar again in far-off Bangkok or anywhere else -- he was not allowed to retire and spend his days with them. Somehow, it was not right that he did not get up early each morning and..."go to work."

As the Web shorthand goes: WTF?

He already earned his right to retire and do nothing. Was he supposed to volunteer and go off each day to work in someone's rice field?

I felt his pain so keenly towards the end when she recoiled from any sort of physical contact with him when he was trying to say good-bye -- the poor guileless sap. She recoiled like he was something to be reviled.

Clearly, she despised him.

And that bit where -- when they did bid each other good-bye -- she had to add that it was hopefully forever, and then laugh like she was just making a joke.

Yeah, right. It was so apparent she was just kidding.

Sure.

Anyway, that's how the documentary impacted me.

He was no jewel, but he was still the same guy she got involved with. He only wanted love and companionship.

What made her suddenly so lofty and righteous, and entitled to absolutely everything the poor dupe spent his life earning?

My opinion: She turned into a snake.
Garnet

Postby Jeff » Sat May 18, 2013 6:39 am

My opinion is he got what he deserved. He married a prostitute. Prostitutes only want money. Everyone knows that. A marriage like that has such a high risk of ending like that, that I don't know why anyone would choose to marry a prostitute (not to mention the possible diseases, emotional baggage, etc). He made a concious decision and I find it hard to believe he didn't know the risks. I do not feel sorry for him. The only problem I have is that this type of relationship is all that seems to be depicted. Then some people think that is my wife's and my situation. Sometimes I have to hear ignorant comments from the mentally inept person I work with. Thankfully, most of my coworkers aren't like that.
เจฟฟรี่
Jeff
Regular

Postby Doug » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:15 pm

High and mighty aren't we Jeff.....most of those "prostitutes" are there because they see no other way to support their families. I'm sure there is a higher percentage of good ones versus bad ones, same as with "non-prostitutes". I just hate when someone assumes the worst in these working girls....
Doug

PreviousNext

Return to Relationship issues and cultural differences